World Cup Merchandise
Click Here
World Cup Betting & Odds
Click Here
2010 World Cup Tickets
Click Here

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Scottish Police In Sense Of Humour Failure

I'm English and unsurprisingly, want England to win the 2010 World Cup. I do, however, understand that there are other nationalities out there who may not share my view. I don't hate them for it - they're patriotic, I'm patriotic. We all want our national side to win.

Which is why I doubt anyone would be offended by the Slanj Kilt company selling t-shirts with the slogan 'ABE : Anyone But England' on them. However, it seems that the Aberdeen police force have different ideas and have warned the Slanj branch there that "the t-shirts might incite race riots".

Never have I heard such errant nonsense. So, for all you Scottish, Algerian, American and Slovenian soccer fans, you get these t-shirts right here.

Labels: , , , ,

Digg!

posted by mark_s at 12:26 PM

2 Comments:

Anonymous @davey_lad said...

Unfortunately the line between acceptable humour and racism are extremely blurred.

I agree, the cops in this case are out of touch.. but can you imagine the USA selling t-shirts with "Anyone but North Korea" on ?

... now that would be funny !

1:13 PM  
Anonymous world cup 2010 said...

If you are not like me, you must be a football lover. Let me use the words "soccer" and "football" to mean the same thing whether you are from Europe or America. This time around, all attention is focused to South Africa. It's an historic event in the history of this country and Africa as a whole.
Looking at the official Match Schedule as released and published on FIFA's website and the number of the ticket applications received during the first sales phase that ended at midnight on 31 March with a total of 1,635,136 applications, one can begin to imagine the scramble

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home