World Cup Merchandise
Click Here
World Cup Betting & Odds
Click Here
2010 World Cup Tickets
Click Here

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Oh, The Tension Is Too Much...

I don't know about you, but I often find the last ten minutes or so of important football matches unbearably tense. In fact, often, when watching on TV, I have to change the channel or leave the room. The last few minutes of the England v Greece qualifying match in 2002 being one such occasion.

Well, now you can - like a certain Mr Paul Hucker -
insure yourself against England's World Cup failure.

“I find when it goes to penalty shoot-outs it gets very difficult and I wanted to insure myself against psychological trauma.”, he said. I'm sure the £1 million of insurance cover will be some small comfort, Paul.

He insured himself via a company called BritishInsurance.com . I visited the site and was very disappointed not to see their 'World Cup All Risks Insurance' policy promoted on their homepage. Maybe this post will encourage them to proudly display this totally-worthwhile,-not-spurious-in-the-slightest insurance policy.

As for Mr Hucker, I can only hope the trauma of Wayne Rooney's injury hasn't thrown him into an irreversible depression.
Digg!

posted by mark_s at 10:16 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

Very funny stuff ... I could use this over here across the pond, but as Nick Hornby pointed out, the natural state of the true fan is one of almost constant agony

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home