World Cup Merchandise
Click Here
World Cup Betting & Odds
Click Here
2010 World Cup Tickets
Click Here

Thursday, December 04, 2008

How Did I Miss The Homeless World Cup

I'm always on the lookout for the World Cup related stories, so the fact that I've only just discovered the Homeless World Cup football tournament stuns me.

Yup, there really is a World Cup for homeless people. And yes, you have to be genuinely homeless to take part. And, would you believe, there are 56 nations participating in the competition.

Now, while I'm going to resist the urge to poke fun at the tournament (mainly because it actually seems like a very good idea), I cannot help but mock the fact that the top seed - and holders - are, wait for it...Scotland.

For some reason, the fact that Scotland's homeless are the world's best at football comes as little surprise to me.

Nor am I going to resist the overwhelming desire to have a good laugh at The Glasgow Daily's Record's clear pride in their team's 13-1 victory over Belgium. "A resounding victory", indeed.

Labels:

Digg!

posted by mark_s at 2:20 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home