World Cup Merchandise
Click Here
World Cup Betting & Odds
Click Here
2010 World Cup Tickets
Click Here

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

You Only Sing When You're Winning

Despite Fabio Capello banning England from recording an official World Cup song (for which, I for, thank him deeply), the tradition of the World Cup song is alive and well.

Just check out the prosaicly titled World Cup Song website, which has a bunch of unofficial World Cup songs. View at your own risk, though, as some of them, are, well, shall we say, crap!

However, there are some gems - especially Rik Mayall's entry which has to be seen to be believed. For your delectation and delight, I present the truly crazy 'Rik Mayall's Noble England' :




Even better, host nation South Africa haven't gone down the Capello route and have come up with this cracking tune, from K'Naan and David Bisbal, entitled 'Wavin' Flag'.


Labels: , ,

Digg!

posted by mark_s at 12:22 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous michael basson said...

Just a warning to your readers: I traveled to SA in Feb 2010 and booked a car to be collected on arrival at Cape Town International Airport. On arrival the car hire company told me my credit card could not be accepted because the numbers on the card in not embossed (stand out). They promptly refused to rent me a car and after inquiring at all the car rental companies I was given the same answer. Apparently SA is so behind the times that they can not do electronic transactions. They need a card that they can swipe on a paper document or else they refuse to help you. My credit card is an electronic credit card, I have used it in the US for car hire, even in Namibia. Only in SA I was refused and found myself stuck at the airport and my whole trip without transport. I would appreciate if you could warn your readers about this.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home