World Cup Merchandise
Click Here
World Cup Betting & Odds
Click Here
2010 World Cup Tickets
Click Here

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Gerrard Injured - The Shape of Things To Come

Steven Gerrard - never the most injury free player - has picked up a knock and it is looking likely he won't play in the next couple of world cup qualifiers. While, at this early stage of the season, this is hardly critical and England should be able to cope with Wales without too much difficulty, I think this is the shape of things to come.

Seeing Frank Lampard interviewed after the Chelsea v Arsenal game, it struck me just how worn down he looked and we're only at the second match of the season. If he looks that unhealthy and used up already, just imagine how exhausted he'll be by the end of the season.

As I fully expect Lampard to play every game for Chelski this term, I'm willing to bet on a poor World Cup for him and, as Gerrard's season started pretty much before the last one ended, it wouldn't surprise me if he was injured before a major finals again.

Why do we do this to our players ? I want England to win the World Cup in Germany as much as the next guy, but right now, I'm going to predict we go out in the second round after a shocking performance or two.
Digg!

posted by mark_s at 10:39 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home