World Cup Merchandise
Click Here
World Cup Betting & Odds
Click Here
2010 World Cup Tickets
Click Here

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Will The Real Spain Please Sit Down

Spain demolished a nervy looking Ukraine side 4-0 this afternoon. At least, I think it was Spain. They were wearing Spain's colours, had players with Spanish names, an overabundance of talent on the bench - but they failed to choke in that way Spain are legendary for.

In fact, they were good. Really good. Alonso, Garcia, Ramos, Villa, Torres - all great. Should I risk suggesting that "this could be Spain's year" ?

Nah, so many people have done that in the past and looked foolish. I'm not going to join them just yet. Great game, though.
Digg!

posted by mark_s at 5:36 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Haters said...

I have seen them choke in the past, but I've seen them getting robbed more often in Euros and Worl Cups. Remember the Korea game in 2002?

7:21 PM  
Blogger mark_s said...

Yeah, they did get robbed in 2002. I agree with Geoff, though, they were impressive and if they maintain this form only Argentina and the Czechs look able to compete.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home